Using Speedskim Technology™ – Tape Jointing
To achieve the best possible results from your Speedskim® Plastering Rule please follow the simple how to guide below. If there is anything that you would like to ask please use the contact us page and we will be happy to run through any aspects.
Tape Jointing – best practice
- Apply self-adhesive scrim tape to joints as you would normally.
- Load hawk with Jointing compound.
- Apply first coat to scrim using Speedskim®.
- Scrape or lightly sand first coat when dry.
- Apply 2nd coat using Speedskim® to a width of around 300mm.
The superior flexibility of the Speedskim® blade results in less ‘dragging’ and a smoother seamless finish.
For Speedskim Technology™ best practice advice on other material applications please click on the appropriate heading tab.
Cleaning and Maintenance
For best the results it is strongly recommended that you keep your Speedskim® clean during each operation and thoroughly clean immediately after use with clean cold water. Speedskim® is fitted with unique rapid drain end caps for your convenience.